UPCOMING SOLO EXHIBITION
EMBASSY OF JAPAN IN BELGIUM PRESENTS ISHIZUKA’S SOLO EXHIBITION, KIZUNA : THE ENDURING BONDS, March 5th – 27th 2024. Japan Information Cultural Center, Rue Van Maerlant 1, 1040 Brussels.
Reserve now through QR code on Poster or on Japanese Embassy Site (Brussels, Belgium) for Opening Event at JAPANESE EMBASSY with COMPOSER Ayumi Nabata, SAXOPHONIST Yuina, CHOREOGRAPHER & DANCER, Miko Shimura, PIANIST Nabata . THURSDAY MARCH 7TH 18.00-20.00. Places Limited.
PAST SOLO EXHIBITIONS
Brussels, Belgium, Rouge Cloitre, Maison du Prieur, (Restored Monastery), Exposition Inter-Sections. First Painter to Present after Restoration. January 28 – May 28 2023.
- Intersection between the Inner Universe and Outer Universe. Can everything in the Universe be represented by the three basic shapes: circle, square and triangle? How do the Four Elements manifest in our external attitudes towards crisis and life? 25 Works of Art Exhibited including meditations with audience.
Brussels, Belgium, Living in the Four Elements. 2020-2022.
- Inhabitants Only Unique Living Space. Each room Dedicated to Element of Universe. Create in the space of a home the Four Elements. Each room a unique experience. Limited visits when Covid friendly.
Singapore, Singapore Meditative Gallery [Individual Appointment Only] 2017-2019.
- Experience Meditation through Art, a two hour private meditation session. A beautiful experience unique to each viewer. The viewer selects the piece of art for the experience. Private tour of artworks and meditations. No prior meditation experience necessary.
PAST GROUP EXHIBITIONS
BELGIUM. Brussels. Selected works selected through contest and exhibited by Audgerhem, Belgium (Brussels) City Cultural Center, including outside rotating display and brochure. September & October 2023.
Outside exhibtion of Unconditional Love (112cm x 200cm) for one month in various OUTDOOR public locations of Brussels.
- Unconditional Love, Exposition “Extra Large” Open Air, Live Meditation in Public with Mayor, Artists, Citizens. September 28 Opening Reception & Live Painting Outside Square, Rue Jacques Bassem 7, 1160 Brussels. Gratitude to Domitys for sponsoring champagne, refreshments, tents and staff and to Audeghem Cultural Service for Exhibition of community painting in Cultural Center of city.
- Selection by city of Auderghem of The Sphere (120cm x 120cm), La Seve Monte, and Unconditional Love (160cm x 160cm) for Public Display in contest Chaussee des Arts 2023 city of Auderghem.
FRANCE. Biarritz. Serres de Milady, December 2021 (300 + visitors Night Exhibit Opening in Storm)
SINGAPORE. Singapore Embassy of EU, January – June 2019, Selected Paintings, Six Month Loan,
JAPAN, Tokyo, Hiroo. EU Embassy Residence Tokyo, Shimada & Meditations Ishizuka, 2016, Three Representation Evenings, & Poems by Philosopher Dr. Paul Briot
USA, New York, Rye. In the Gallery, Rye Library, July 2014 & Aug 2016, Ishizuka Family Group Exhibition 2 Exhibits,
CHINA, Student Exhibit Participation, 1986, two art works selected for China tour.
Mentions in Rye Art Center, NY, USA & Art Magazine Greenwich Library CT, USA
DANCE OR MUSIC PERFORMANCES OR INTERPRETATIONS OF ART WORKS OF ISHIZUKA
BELGIUM. Rouge Cloitre, Maison du Prieur. Ayumi Nabata (composer and pianist) and Yuina Takamizu (saxophonist) spontaneous concert performance Monestery Exhibit Auderghem, Brussels Belgium Easter Sunday 9 April 2023.
JAPAN. Fukushima Café for Artists, Reading Café owned by narrator and actor, Akaboshi. January 2014. Story Kizuna written and Illustrated by Nathalie Ishizuka DANCED SOLO by the master Wakayagi, Masayasu, one of the five schools of Nihon Buyo. Narrated by Akaboshi. Gratitude for the timely translation of the story by Peter MacMillan, translator, print-maker, poet and Japanologist who teaches at the University of Tokyo.
- Kizuna is a story that is an interpretation of the Letter to Japanese Friends by Dr. Paul Briot and Nathalie L. Ishizuka adapted to a Japanese fable, The Crane Wife. The drawings are inspired by Hokusai and the Crane is the white bobbin in Dr. Paul Briot’s poem “The White Spindle,” in The Radiant…An Art towards the Infinite? , 2018, Publisher Caractères, Collections : Cahiers & Cahiers. Gratitude to Nihon Buyo Master Wakayagi Masayasu, Dorothy Britton, author of The Japanese Crane: Bird of Happiness and photographer Tsuneo Hayashida. Special thanks to Sara Hitchens for helping us uncover the mystery of Hokusai’s red dot and black brush and Reiko Nagura for introduction to Nihon Buyo.
ARTIST & DIRECTOR OF BEYOND OUR BEST, RE-INVENTING OURSELVES SILENTLY (2011-PRESENT)
We began with a few Japanese artists in Tokyo after March 11, 2011 and today invite other Japanese artists in Belgium as well as Belgian and European artists in the fields of painting, architecture, manga, literature, poetry, sculpture, photography, film making, animation, theatre, opera, ballet, choreography and music including composers and conductors, to join us. To create a new world, we must look beyond what was possible and use our collective imagination to inspire audiences with moments of inner silence.
ASSOCIATION OF ARTISTES OF SERRES DE MILADY, NATURE & ART, BIARRITZ FRANCE, ARTIST ATTELIER 2022